Refurbished Caravan Home, Retreat or StudioMount Barker SA | For Relocation
Refurbished Caravan Home, Retreat or Studio
Lovingly refurbished in 2018, the interior walls of this 29-foot caravan were recently re-lined with 12mm ply, as was the floor for extra support and insulation. With high ceilings and plenty of windows, each room is light and airy and the interior has been reworked to make it a beautiful and practical living arrangement for anyone needing a home, retreat or studio.
The owners would love for you to come and see their amazing home and get a sense of what it's like. You truly have to see it to know just how welcoming and comfortable it is.
- This caravan is set up for mains or an off-grid set up (or a combination of both), with mains power throughout and a 12v system to complement. Each light has the capacity for both main and 12v options, with 12v connections readily available and accessible around the walls. The 12v system includes Victron dual battery regulator and a digital performance monitor and system log inside the van, next to the 12v fuse board.
- Stay warm throughout winter in this cosy caravan, with heating provided by a flat panel eco heater which can be left to run continuously, and a 1000w-2000w wall mounted blow heater with remote control and thermostat
- Keeping cool in summer was also easy with 2 A/C units: a highly effective 10v unit mounted in the bedroom window (can be taken out over winter if desired), and if extra is needed (we never did) a 15v roof-mounted multi-directional A/C.
- Blackout blinds (kitchen and living room) and blackout curtains (bedroom) add protection and privacy
- The kitchen is a highly efficient and spacious set-up featuring gorgeous tiling and plenty of storage. Busy family food preparation and meals were easily managed in this beautiful space! The original 70’s gas oven and cooktop are in excellent condition and has an added modern high-powered multi-speed extractor fan which provides additional lighting too. Plenty of room for kitchen implements and appliances and a double wardrobe next to the oven provides further versatile storage options.
- There is also a full-size fridge/freezer with extra space on top for other kitchen appliances – or house plants!
- The dining area adjacent seats 4-6 people comfortably, with a moveable kitchen table and warm lighting from a unique restored wall lamp
- The main living space and office space is a bright, spacious and welcoming area with high ceilings and windows along every wall, inviting relaxation and fun (the owners had even set up a play space for their baby in here)
- The original vintage couches seat 6-8 people, are super comfortable (can even be used as extra sleeping space!) and add character to the room
- There is room for a home office, with a slide-out desk and ample bench space for TV and/or computer
- There is plenty of storage in this area, with a narrow profile and easy to reach units off the floor, and large storage space beneath the couches
- The bedroom is large and comfortable, with a central double bed (nearly new and comfortable innerspring mattress) that features a bed extension, bedside tables and 12v/2v0w wall mounted lamps and even USB sockets for easy access phone charging
- There is plenty of storage in the suspended cupboards that stretch along two walls, a lift-up vanity and cupboards below a full-length bench, a big double wardrobe with attached mirror and cupboards above and below
- The caravan has two full-height doors with flyscreen inner doors and slide-out steps, one in the bedroom and one entering into the kitchen and living space
This caravan has been redesigned for use as a static/permanent home, and as such isn’t really suitable for touring. It has wheels on dual axles and be can be moved with a permit (towed or on a trailer) to its new home.
There is no toilet/bathroom in situ. The owners wanted to make the most of the space and use separate facilities but either of the double wardrobes could be converted to suit perfectly.
Inspections are welcome. Open to reasonable offers!
|Location:||Mount Barker SA|
|Listing Type:||For Relocation|
|Located in a park?||no|