Cabins & Vans For Relocation
Sometimes it’s time for a cabin, onsite van or tiny house to move on to a new home. At Cabin Connect, we help existing cabins find a new home. All listings on this page are for relocation.
Relocating a cabin, onsite van or tiny house all come with their own lists of things to complete. Usually, all cabin relocation costs are paid by the person buying the cabin, not the seller.
In order to get a cabin, onsite van or tiny house ready for relocation, we encourage you to have a number of things arranged, see some of our keypoints below:
- Check with the council to see if you need a permit to remove the cabin from its current location.
- Check with the council to obtain a permit for the new location site.
- Find a reputable relocator, we recommend Trans All.
- Ensure all cabin disconnections are complete by certified trades.
- If you have a reverse cycle air-conditioner, ensure you manage the gas from this accordingly.
- Ensure you have a transport plan and inform any people or other businesses that may be impacted by the move.
- Tape up all cupboards and secure anything that can move within the cabin upon transport.
- On the day of the move, allow extra time as often small issues arise.
- Avoid public holidays or weekends for relocation as traffic is higher and trade call-outs are more expensive if an issue arises.